Monday, April 2, 2007

Crazy Book Lady

When I lived in Texas I went to an estate sale of a woman who had more books than the library on post in Germany. I believe that she kept every single book she read. On one hand it was fascinating to see all of her different interests. On the other hand, I started to get a weird feeling. I felt like I was looking at my own estate sale 50 years in the future. Since then I have been trying to limit the number of books that I buy and certainly limit the number that I keep. Currently I have three full size books shelves and several plastic containers full of books. Thank goodness my husband is in the Army, because moving is probably the only thing keeping me from becoming a crazy book lady who has books instead of cats.
So this morning in between trying to keep S. in his diaper and jiggling C. I have been sorting books and magazines. As if I even have time to finish a book, I can't even finish a magazine these days. I have last month's O magazine that I haven't even read half of.
I am also sizing up everything we own trying to guestimate how heavy it is. It is driving me crazy. I am sure I will throw away or donate something that I will later wish that I had. We probably will not even be overweight, but I am not taking any chances. Honestly though I cannot part with my decorating magazines or my Martha Stewart Living Mags. We will have a house someday. Plus I need to know exactly how to grow begonias and launder antique linens, I mean you just never know.

No comments: