Monday, April 2, 2007

If a Tree Falls.......

So, I am sure you have heard the philosophical question about a tree falling in the forest. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound? Or at least something like that. Well, I have discovered and answered my own philosophical question. It goes something like this: If a toilet overflows and there is no one around, does it still make a mess? Well grasshopper the overflow will make a huge mess.
Oh yes sports fans, some how at some point in the day yesterday someone flushed the toilet and it spilled water all over the bathroom floor. I have no idea what went down the toilet, but I will say that the toilet seriously objected to whatever it was. I walked into the bathroom, barefoot of course, and found that both bathroom rugs were sopping wet. I also now know the answer to: what does sopping mean? There is definitely a difference when you know the toilet is about to overflow and you scramble around the back of the toilet and either turn the water off just in time or in enough time that there isn't too much water. It is not a fun experience to discover that the toilet overflowed at some point, seriously, ewwww.

No comments: