Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ph.D. in Poop Control

I know I have mentioned that we have three children under the age of four. Our oldest is potty trained for the most part. He still wears a diaper at night, which means that in the morning I have to change him which means there is still the potential for three poopy diapers from three different bottoms. On Friday they seriously all pooped at the same time. I laid them down next to one another and went down the line. Later on that day, about 1700 I decided to put a load in the wash. The oldest H. came over and asked me if S. could poop in the potty. I said that he was too little and that S. was not a big boy like H. I did not think anything of this conversation, and I continued with the laundry. As soon as I was finished I went to S.'s room where I found him covered in poop. Now I was messing with the laundry for less than five minutes. He had poop in his hair, in both hands, and it was also smeared all over the rug in his room. I took him to the bathroom to clean him up, where he managed to get poop on my clothes and on the outside of the tub. I cleaned him and the bathroom. I thought I was done, but the final volley was from C., the baby. One last poopy diaper for the day.
Of course you would have thought I learned my lesson, but my husband gave S. a bath when he came home from work last night. S. hit the ground running, he likes to run around naked. I am sure you are all groaning at this point, because surely, surely we would have remembered the night before and put a diaper on him immediately. I was feeding C. and my husband was rounding up pjs for bedtime. He walked into H.'s room and S. was sitting on the floor squishing poop again. Argh!!!! It took me quite a while to scrub the poop out of the rug in H.'s room. Plus I had to go hunting for the little pieces of poop that he'd deposited. I think he must have been running?!?! Not sure, but I do know that S. will be under tight diaper security.

1 comment:

Vonn** said...

That story is hilarious! I too had a runner to like to drop poop everywhere.

It sucks to clean it up, but the memories are PRICELESS!