Friday, May 25, 2007

Birthday

We had a great party for H's birthday. He loves the idea of surprise parties, so we surprised him with decorations and cake. R. took him to get pizza and we decorated and got ready. Unfortunately R. left his cell phone at the house, so they came back a little too early. I was trying to hide and then jump out at the same time and ended up busting my butt. He was really excited. He loved all the Thomas the Train decorations. I tried to make a 3D train cake and it was a total disaster. Fortunately I had extra cake batter that I'd baked in a bundt pan. I'd already made two batches of Thomas the train blue frosting, so I frosted the bundt and piped black train tracks all over the cake. Then I put birthday Thomas on top. It was not quite what I had in mind, but I don't think H. even noticed. He was too busy playing with his new toys to even eat more than one bite of cake.
We bought too much stuff, but I couldn't help myself. We got this ultimate Thomas train set. It is HUGE, but it was on sale and had a lot of trains that came with it. He loves it, but I am kicking myself, because we have to cram all kinds of stuff into the car and the van. I cannot believe that my baby is four years old. It seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms. He is so big and so smart, it is mind boggling. S's birthday is next, but hopefully we will be in our new quarters.

1 comment:

Vonn** said...

I'm wishig H. many, many, many more birthdays!