Monday, May 12, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

We drove to North Carolina on Saturday to get C baptized. The trip took about six hours, seven if you include our hour long stop to let the kids stretch their legs. So on Sunday we left about 1:30 to head back home. It took us almost ten hours to get home. The weather was horrendous, torrential downpours and terrible traffic. A car driving behind us tried to whip around us and ended up spinning out in the median on a major highway. It was so scary. We didn't get home until after 11 pm. Then my poor husband had to wake up and drive to work, dodging flooded roads the entire way. It is still raining. I am just grateful that we didn't meet up with any tornadoes!!!

2 comments:

Vonn** said...

Good to hear you all made it home safely. Crazy weather has been rolling through that part of the country.

I'm just glad to be out of OK. Everytime I see a news story about tornadoes I say a silent "Thank you Lord". I don't have the stomach or nerves for that kind of weahter.

Sarah said...

Seriously, I was a nervous wreck in OK during storms. Hope we never have to go back!!

By the way thank you for reading my blog!!! I don't think I have too many readers.