Friday, May 9, 2008

Moon Sand is the Devil

I used one of my Michaels 50% off coupon to buy Moon Sand for our airplane trip to Florida. Fortunately I wised up before the trip and did not take it along. This morning, prompted by a major rain storm, I cracked open the moon sand. What a total disaster!! Sand inside the house is not a good idea, even if it does stick together from time to time. I didn't buy the kit, just a tub, so we didn't have any of the molds you can use to shape the sand. It also meant that we didn't have the play mat. I would highly recommend some kind of mat on the table, because it took a lot of wiping and cleaning to get that stuff off of the table. Then I had to vacuum up all the sand that fell on the floor, it all came up, but left a very fine grit on the floor that won't come up.

I really can't say anything nice about moon sand. Save yourself time and money, don't buy it.

1 comment:

Vonn** said...

LOL...Moon Sand sounds horrible, but makes for a good memory of what not to do.

Have you tried making edible play dough? Seems it could me messy fun and non-toxic if someone decided on a snack..