Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Ugly

I don't know why I thought I could handle this deployment with grace. The rest of my life is crumbs, mess, and stress, so why did I think that I would suddenly turn into super mom when my husband left? We seem to have skipped the Good and the Bad and gone straight to ugly.

I am exhausted, worn out, and frustrated. I really thought that if I was prepared and upbeat we would skate through the deployment unscathed. Instead, there are crying children, angry children, puke, blood, and lots of Mommy tears. My six year old is crying, my four year old is angry, and my two year old has started hitting kids at preschool. Thankfully our youngest, is oblivious to the swirling turmoil in the house. With four young kids in the house we are basically running a germ factory with our own germ assembly line. I can hardly get one well before the next one goes down with something else.

I wanted so desperately to thrive during this time and I feel like I am struggling to survive. How could I have forgotten how hard this is? I am trying to keep my head up and focus on using the resources that the Army and friends provide. It is so much easier to give advice then it is to take it.

The moral of this story is that Deployments Suck!

No comments: