Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day Care

I suppose it would be a lot easier for me to go back to work if I could find a good care provider for my kids. My experience so far has been with three different preschools and two CDCs on post. Only one of the preschools either of my kids have been to felt right. H and S are currently going to a "Camp." I am skeptical because it is $50 more a week than their preschool program during the school year. They made it half an hour longer to justify the price. I have some small issues that I can totally overlook because my kids are having fun, but I hate dropping my children off with people who are not enthusiastic about children. I could totally run a daycare out of the house, but I am not enthusiastic about other people's children, so I abstain. I wish others would do so. I realize there is a lot of money in watching children, but come on, try to enjoy it. You can tell the providers who love what they are doing. For instance in Germany at the CDC there was Ms Darla. She was the best provider ever, hands down. She had so much joy in her face when she talked about the kids. She was one of a kind. H had a great teacher this past year, unfortunately we moved and had to leave before the end of the school year. She was so excited to teach S next year. Ugh.

I cannot imagine how tough it is for working moms to drop their kids off. I just wish that providers in general could put a little more pep in their step.

No comments: